Conclusions from US Travel Association research
• Core market for “green” travel ~10%
• Another 20% are environmentally oriented
• 40% now neutral but could be attracted
• Affluent, educated and higher-end travelers are the most sustainability-oriented
• Awareness of the issues and environmentally responsible behaviors increasing
• Travelers are becoming more environmentally conscious and are beginning to make decisions based on sustainability criteria
• While majority opposes government taxes and restrictions, and won’t pay more to be “green”, sizeable minority feels more needs to be done
Download the report here .
This article is quoted from the Tourism ROI Newsletter published on 2010-04.27.
Please join the online Views On Tourism network and discussion group in order to achieve personal goals as well as encourage a sustainable tourism development in Bangladesh. Read more about this group and how to become a member here.
This article is uploaded by Majbritt Thomsen, administrator on ‘Views On Tourism’.