This free online Checker / Validator not just tells you which of your hyperlinks are dead but it will also show to your hyperlinks are dead but it will also show to your where exactly those stale references locate in your HTML code! Such a unique feature makes our checking service stand out from other available problem detection tools, and makes it very convenient for a webmaster to find bad URLs in virtually no time. It’s never been so easy to locate and fix dead weblinks!
This free website validation tool reports only hyperlinks that are really broken – unlike other popular tools which list both good and bad weblinks all mixed together making it’s very hard to comprehend and work with such “noisy” information. Also our linking problem finder analyses entire site – its web-content as a whole, keeps track of issues already reported and doesn’t repeat the same invalid URL unless you ask about that – the tool is very flexible.
Why having broken weblinks is so bad?
Dead hyperlinks on websites are not just annoying – their existence may cause some real damage to your online business as well as to your reputation in the Internet!
Because of that a web-site may:
• Lose some of the existing customer base (current users sooner or later will get frustrated enough to never come back)
• Get problems with getting new customers (because of the dead weblinks people simply won’t be finding things/pages they are looking for).
• Damage your reputation online (most of online customers consider stale hyperlinks as demonstration of no respect to them from the site’s owners)
• Have negative impact on your website’s ratings with major Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc
All that presents issue so serious that people sometimes say the “link rot problem” (orlinkrot) referring to it (as you may already know “rotten” weblink is just another name for the same “dead URL” situation.
Summary of the features
– Checks your websites for dead links
– Can scan an unlimited number of web-pages*
– Validates both internal and external URLs
– Shows the location of problematic links in your HTML
– Reports error codes (404 etc) for all bad URLs
– Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux / UNIX, and iOS
* The free version has a 3000-page limit, however there are no limits on number of hyperlinks within those webpages!
Status for the Views On Tourism website today: Processed 1643 web pages, found 134 broken links.
The article is uploaded by Majbritt Magnussen, administrator on ‘Views On Tourism’.
Please join the online Views On Tourism network and discussion group in order to achieve personal goals as well as encourage a sustainable tourism development in Bangladesh and South Asia. Read more about this group and how to become a member here.